Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Life is beautiful!

I stared at the blank screen and the screen stared back at me - at a face even blanker than the monitor! Less than an hour was the deadline and I still had not been able to finish the pager I was supposed to have done two weeks back!! For the thousandth time I asked myself why the hell couldnt have I done this last weekend , instead of browsing away to glory or even when I was typing away my first blog! For the upteenth time I swore to do things better next time, to be organized, plan and execute everything in advance and have no last minute sweats or memory losses! But wasnt that Newton who said, that every object would like to resist its change in motion and would continue its motion unless subjected to a very heavy force thus defining inertia!? Then how am I a poor , tiny creature conspire against nature and get out of my natural self, in its inability to grasp gravity of things until there is no more time left to do it! I looked at the watch, damn, another 20 mintues of unnecessary pondering and meandering took me even closer to the deadline with still the same blank page staring at me , without any respite! I cursed it, as if it were supposed to fill up with words magically looking atthe Master's self brought on woe! I inhaled deeply , brought my fingers to the keyboard and started typing the title! I had to start somewhere and moreover I was getting bored of the stupid unspotted sheet! Within minutes I started typing furiously with my fingers flying all over the keyboard and red and green marks filling all over the screen apparantly mocking my poor spelling and grammatical abilities. I had a page to complete and less than an hour to go!Spelling errors?? Who cared? What were spell checks for !!! Another day gone , another lesson unlearnt!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Raj said...

My alter ego... Procrastination is a birth right... dont loose it... :)

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home