Monday, April 09, 2007


Saturn in its Ascendancy!

Its been some time since I visited my blog, so I felt an active compulsive disorder to rant something yet again! I am in the midst of wrapping up my semester including -of course the thesis, and waiting for the lady luck to smile upon me with the dream job at any time in my doorstep :) That being the state of affairs, what better work for a grad student than to spend his/her time reading or random browsing on topics as obscure as astrology to classic age novels!

Well this time, over the course of Winter break, while I was visiting my home sweet home Chennai, I started to read the translated version of the famous Tamil novel "Ponniyin Selvan" ( Ponni's Beloved) by Kalki. The story talks about events surrounding the crowning of Chola Prince "Raja Raja Chola" (aka Ponniyin Selvan and hence the name!)around the 1100 AD in the South Indian Kingdom of Tanjore(now in Tamil Nadu) and its neighboring cities. Tamil readers would have heard about it or some may have even read it. To me- I just loved the various intricately niched out plots, the extremely well crafted characters, the multitude of cities and their realistic depictions of the same. You could time travel to the past and basically see the story through the eyes of the narrator. Of course, it was the translated version and am just wondering how much immaculate it would been in the original prose. Well if you do have time to spare(the books is 5 volumes long!)and a connoisseur of historic tales, then this is one I strongly recommend. Grab a copy and enjoy the lifestyle of the past- in its pristine form without the intrusion of technology, added with a gripping story line to keep you going!


Now, to tie my title with the post! Of late, I started analyzing the astrology of people and their current state of affairs, just to satisfy my innate curiosity of how much of it would be true, in the eyes of an amateur astrologer! Well based on different versions, the figuring out of which planet is ruling what in my horoscope itself took me time and then came the tiring process of interpreting them. I never got the full way and gave up in the middle for want of better guidance from the myriad of confusing websites that contradict each other! In short, if you were a programmer and trying to code an future prediction software based on Vedic Astrology
your code would have nothing but numerous "if's" and "else's" with each "if" having a thousand other "if's" embedded inside! Talk about neat programming style :D

But basically everyone nearly agreed on the same thing. A Saturn phase is bad or rather makes you wait for things to happen and delays your success in most cases! Most people consider it a heartless planet for the many woes it subjects people too - but the fact of the matter is that it teaches you to be patient! It tries to make you a better person and lets you understand the actual meaning of life in a grueling and demanding way. "Lessons learnt hard are the toughest to forget" and thats what it makes us do! Saturn is a task master and there is no easy way out of it! So am I in the Saturn ascendancy because of all my professing? I am not sure, as I haven't gone through all the "ifs" and buts in my code of life :-D. But if at all some one is convinced they are in one, hope you get to hang out there till the very end and come out a better person at the end of it all!
And for the non-believers and skeptics, none of this may make any sense, but what I said stands, whether it is your Saturn rising or just that your life is going through a bunch of rotten turns and bends! The process is the same , what you call it may vary!

--Harini

7 Comments:

Blogger Rags Iyer said...

Just out of curiosity if saturn makes things worsen or slow , which planet makes life easier and better?

9:38 AM  
Blogger Rags Iyer said...

Thanks!!well i have no clue which planet of active on me now "venus/saturn" . But how can we chase shukra?

3:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"but the fact of the matter is that it teaches you to be patient"

7 1/2 raikku puthu definition a kudithirka...
BTW, nice to read ur blog...

2:49 PM  
Blogger Kow said...

Nice to see you have not changed one bit - I must say that your blog is actually quite an interesting read! Keep it coming.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Priya Ramanathan said...

yep Harini...u r absolutely rite about this saturn thing! we all hav become patient with you as well ;))) - priya ramanathan

4:41 PM  
Blogger Venkatesh Kannan said...

Saturn it is...

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home